Who can be a member?
We welcome new members. Anyone who works in, or who has an interest in, Canadian Government Finance may become a Member.
What is the cost?
There is no charge for membership.
What are the benefits of membership?
CAGFO supports the current and future careers of Canadian Government Finance Officers and teams as well as those who interact with finance officers. The association provides continuing education by the way of conferences, seminars, webinars and recourses. Members contribute feedback via surveys and voting at the AGM as well as volunteering on committees. CAGFO furnishes members with website informtion and weekly email communications along with job postings. Members may opt out of these communications.
What if I am already a member of another organization?
We work closely with other associations that also serve Government Finance Officers within public service. We complement rather than compete and many of our members are also members of their provincial and international associations.
How do I become a member?
To become a member, you must apply and be approved by the board. Complete the attached form and we will apprise you once approved.
Refer a Colleague
Refer a Colleague for CAGFO membership and receive a $25 credit off your next CAGFO hosted virtual Seminar.
How it works:
- Direct your colleague to apply for membership on the CAGFO website here and to include your email address in the appropriate field as the person who referred them.
- Once the new member is approved, CAGFO will send you a confirmation email regarding your $25 credit to an upcoming virtual Seminar of your choice.
Nuts & Bolts:
- New membership means that the applying member has not been a CAGFO member in the past 2 years
- A member is someone who is a government finance officer or team member or someone who has an interest in/does business with government (Federal, Provincial, Municipal, First Nations, Inuit & Metis) finance officers.
- Membership approval is not guaranteed. The credit is dependent upon membership approval.
- The $25 has otherwise no cash value and must be used by June 30, 2022.
- Each referring member is limited to 10 referrals in a rolling 12-month period (from first referral).
- The $25 credit can be used towards any CAGFO hosted virtual seminar, with the exception of seminars in partnership with Bloom.
- The number of virtual seminars during the time prior to June 30, 2022 are not guaranteed.